Friday, September 29, 2006

Intro

What’s Good for Girls will raise the visibility of girls who are being themselves, building on their strengths, and taking action on what they believe. Girls rarely make it into the media for their accomplishments. When they do, I’ll link to their stories and celebrate their success!

WGFG will also highlight the work of the girls’ organizations that support girls that use a positive strengths-based approach. I’ll focus on the small neighborhood and community based organizations that lack the visibility of the large national organizations with Communications Staffs and National Budgets. I’ll start with NYC orgs, but plan to highlight programs from all over the country.

I’ll also keep an eye out for media trends about girls. What’s happening out there? And is it Good for Girls?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out the following link for some more very positive and empowering girl information, activities and links.

http://www.studio2b.org/

Dana Stangel-Plowe said...

Hi there. I'm very happy to find your blog. I launched my own blog last month on the related issue of media and girls. It's called "Toward a Sassfree Childhood" over at www.sassfreechildhood.com.

I look forward to more posts here.
Good luck, and keep up the good work!