Monday, May 21, 2007

Girls On the Run



Girls ages 8 - 12 have been training for the Tulip Trot--their first 5K on June 3rd with Girls on the Run. I'm excited for them-- I did this myself the first time just a few years ago! I clearly remember thinking I was going to die of exhaustion as I approached the finish line side by side with a kind old man more than twice my age, who was limping and wearing an ace bandage on one knee. This is the moment that I discovered that it takes as much, perhaps even more, bravery to come in at the end of the race, than at at the front.

No doubt girls are learning these lessons and more at Girls on the Run You can be a part of it as a Runner Buddy-- who runs with girls as they complete this great achievement and the beginning of lifelong healthy habits. They will be gathering by the Christopher Street fountain in Hudson River Park at 8:00am for an 8:30am race start.

If you are interested in being a running buddy or learning more about volunteer and sponsorship opportunities for this event, email info@gotrm.org

No comments: