Monday, August 20, 2007

Rose and Isabel: Graphic Novel Girls Kick A$$

I love Rose and Isabel. Maybe its because I want to unleash my inner avenger. Maybe its because I have a new fondness for graphic novels. Maybe its because I love when strong females kick serious a$$.

For excellent summer reading, check out order Ted Mathel's Rose and Isabel books (both 1 and 2. Trust me. If you only buy the first one, you'll be sorry and waiting by your mailbox until the second one arrives)

Ted is a fancy pants story supervisor over at Pixar who created two willful female characters who set out to bring their brothers back from battle during the Civil War. Its a gripping story. Rose and Isabel are two young women with amazing powers. I want to say more, I do, but then you might not get the books.

One of my fave features is the sketchbook that shows the development of the characters located in the back of the book. I love that.

Check them out: Rose and Isabel

No comments: