Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Feminists Abound Online and In Print

Happy Fall! Where'd summer go?

A quick update:

I (FINALLY!) bought a copy of Deb Siegel's Sisterhood Interrupted From Radical Women to Girls Gone Wild and was pleasantly reminded that whatsgoodforgirls is listed as an online resource to "learn more about debates in feminism" Thanks Deb! Hear Deb speak this Thursday at the Woodhull Institute

Also-- when buying my book I decided to give Givneik a try-- an online service allows you to donate a portion of your purchase from selected stores to a non profit org. Sooo Girls Write Now will be reaping the rewards of my book shopping over the weekend. It was easier than I thought it was going to be, and hey! I was going to buy books this weekend anyway, why not show GWN a little love? And most importantly, It doesn't replace the check I write to them, it's an easy way for an organization I love to get a little something extra.

One more quickie: Courtney Martin has an article on Alternet which investigates the reports that the suicide rate is on the rise for 10 - 14 year old girls. (the increase is horribly depressing and I sincerely hope is not the beginning of a trend) Read her analysis and check out my expert quote here

1 comment:

Deborah Siegel said...

Of course, Patti! WGFG is such a rich resource -- happy to do my part to spread the word :)