Friday, July 25, 2008

Are You Ready to Rock?

Posting has been light due to lots-o-work, but I lifted my head up from my budgets and contracts long enough to pass on this great opportunity. I was a volunteer for rock camp in 2006. It was a phenomenal experience to be around so many women and girls who were so creative. It's inspiring. No musical experience necessary.
(Trust me-- if there was, they would have never let me in!!!) I emerged from my volunteer experience feeling strong, independent and like new things were possible for me as well as for girls growing up today. Who doesn't want to be a part of something like that???

All the deets:
This is a full-day, full-week commitment for the week of August 18-22 that involves arriving at camp around 8:20 each day and leaving around 6. It's incredibly rewarding and generally awesome.

Counselors serve as mentors for assigned groups of girls, which involves checking in with them every morning, making sure the campers are where they need to be at all times, and offering advice and help throughout the day. Since the most important parts of the job are ensuring the campers' safety and giving them support and encouragement, non-musicians are welcome in this job. Counselors who are musicians, however, are often called upon to coach campers on their instruments.
*Must be available Monday-Friday of camp week 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.

If you or someone you know is available to do this job, please get in touch with Emily below:

Emily Moeller
Program Director
Willie Mae Rock Camp for Girls
632 Broadway, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10012
(p) 212-777-1323
(f) 866-789-7864

No comments: